Use of Personal Data
We will collect information and use it for the following purposes:
• When opening an Account and placing an order with us we need to know your name, e-mail address, delivery address. We use this information in order to process and run your Account, for marketing, market research and analysis and to notify you of the status of the order.
• We also ask you for your telephone number which enables us to contact you urgently in the event of there being a problem or query with your order or Account.
• Should you enter a competition or other promotional feature on our website we may ask you for your name, address and e-mail address in order that we may efficiently administer the competition and promotion as well as notifying the winners.
• We may disclose your information to other parties for the purposes of processing and fulfilling your order.
• We may also use the information that we collect from you to notify you from time to time about functionality changes to our website, the service that we provide and details of special or promotional offers.
Cookies are small pieces of information that websites transfer to your computer hard drive and we use to enable our website to provide features such as automatic login, personalised greetings and storage of items in your Shopping Basket. Cookies can be turned off in your browser or you can be notified when you receive a cookie so you choose whether to accept it. The Help menu of your browser should contain information on how to do this. However, changing these settings may mean that you will not be able to take advantage of some of the advanced features on the site. If you do wish to remove cookies after a visit to the site, perhaps because you are using a shared computer, you can clear the cookies by clicking on the sign out link.
Disclosure of Information to Third Parties
We do not sell, trade or rent your personal information to others. We may provide statistics or analytical records about our customers, sales, and traffic patterns to reputable third party vendors but this information will not include any personally identifying information on you.
We employ third parties and individuals to perform certain functions on our behalf. Examples of these might be a courier delivering your goods to you, analysis of data, provision of marketing assistance, and provision of a customer services department. Please rest assured that those companies and individuals who have access to any such personal information are not permitted to use this information for any other purposes and they are required to process any such data in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
Consent and Data Protection